WeekCal offers several different types of automation to help you eliminate repetitive tasks.
- If you have similar events quite often you can use a Template with common fields already filled.
- To create multiple events dependent on the first event's date/time, see Template Groups.
Auto Colors / Icons
This allows you to automatically display events with a custom color/icon in your calendar based on rules matching either:
- Title contains text
- Location contains text
- Notes contain text
- Availability is busy
- Organizer contains text
- Attendees contain text
- Event is Completed
- Event is Not Completed
- Event is Rolling
- Event is All Day
- Event has Notes
- Event has Attendees
For example, you can make all events with the text 'Lunch' show up as blue or events at 'Office 14' colored red.
Synchronization of Auto Colors / Icons
WeekCal's Custom Colors can be synchronized among different iOS devices by enabling Synchronize Auto Colors / Icons.
- In WeekCal go to Settings > General > Synchronize Settings.
Auto Colors/Icons don't appear to work
The most likely reason is that the event for which an Auto Color / Icon is not working already has assigned a custom color/icon to it.
If you remove the assigned custom color /icon of the event, the Auto Color / Icon will take over.
Please note entered values to search for are case sensitive
The priority of determining the color/icon of an event is as follows:
- Custom color / icon assigned to an event
- First matching Auto Color / Icon rule
- Color / Icon of the event's calendar