Granting Full Access to WeekCal After iOS 17 Update
After updating to iOS 17, you might encounter several issues with the WeekCal app, including access permissions and widgets. Below are solutions to fixed issues and a list of known issues we're aware of.
Issues resolved by granting Full Access:
- App opens and is stuck on the Add Event screen
All events are missing
How to grant Full Access to WeekCal after updating to iOS17:
- When prompted on the home screen or upon opening the WeekCal app, make sure to select ‘Allow Full Access’. Choosing ‘Keep Add Only’ may result in calendar events temporarily disappearing from your calendar views.
If you are stuck in the "Add Event" screen or if you accidentally chose "Keep Add Only" when initially prompted to allow WeekCal full access, you can change this setting in your device's Settings app:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap on WeekCal.
- Locate Calendars and ensure you toggle on Allow Full Access.
- Force-close the WeekCal app
- Reopen WeekCal.
Current Known Issues
- Current View: Cannot change Dark background
- Map selection: Currently limited to Apple Maps
- Emoji Icons: The feature to add an emoji next to the event title is not behaving as expected.
- Event color - The color of the event shown on the Event Details page may not always match the color of the event on WeekCal Calendar
- Rolling Event: The Complete rolling event option is not always visible.
- Weather: Weather information is not always visible.
- Travel Time: Travel time display between events is not always visible.
- Widgets - May not display correctly
- Event details - it has been reported that contact cards are no longer displayed. We are currently investigating.
The following issues can be resolved by updating to the newest version of WeekCal
Unable to invite others to an event - Fixed
- Note: if trying to add invitees via the Event Details screen, you may encounter issues with typing the email. Instead, use the Add Event interface to add an invitee. For more information about the Invite feature, see this article.
- Month View turns grey after moving the app to the background and re-opening - Fixed
- Can’t create Events after Allowing Access - Fixed
- Red “Quick Tool Options” are not visible on Event Details page - Fixed. The Quick Tools are now accessible via a 3-dot icon at the top of the page. (Except iPad-only app)
- Reminder Permission cannot be set/will not stay set - should now be correctly requested initially upon install and should remain in place after being set.
- Getting stuck in the Add Event screen - this should now be resolved.
- Multiple Events editing is not behaving as expected
- Quick action shortcut not visible on read-only events
Our team is diligently reviewing and testing these impacted features.
If you face an issue in WeekCal after updating to iOS 17 that is not mentioned here, please Contact Us via the app settings or respond to your existing email.