Granting Full Access to WeekCal After iOS 17 Update
After updating to iOS 17, you might encounter several issues with the WeekCal app, including access permissions and widgets. Below are solutions and known issues we're aware of.
Missing Events After Update - Granting Full Access
If your events have disappeared from WeekCal after the update, it might be due to app access permissions. Follow these steps to ensure WeekCal has the necessary permissions:
- When prompted on the home screen or upon opening the WeekCal app, make sure to select ‘Allow Full Access’. Choosing ‘Keep Add Only’ may result in calendar events temporarily disappearing from your calendar views.
- If your events are missing or if you accidentally chose 'Keep Add Only', you can still grant full access via the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and find WeekCal.
- Tap on it and ensure you toggle on Allow Full Access.
After granting the necessary permissions, your events should reappear, and WeekCal should function normally.
Can’t create Events after Allowing Access
If you find that you still cannot add events after allowing full access, try switching the access toggle button off and then back on and restarting your device.
Our team is aware of several other features impacted by iOS 17.
- Invitees: The app is crashing when the invitee page is initiated. Workaround: After creating an event in WeekCal, you can send invitations to the event from Apple Calendar.
- Emoji Icons: The feature to add an emoji next to the event title is not behaving as expected.
- Rolling Event: Complete rolling event option is not always visible.
- Weather: Weather information is not always visible.
- Travel Time: Time travel display between events is not always visible.
- Map Selection: WeekCal will only use the default Apple map
- Red “Quick Tool Options”: Tools are not visible in some cases.
Our team is diligently reviewing and testing these impacted features.
If you face an issue in WeekCal after updating to iOS 17 that is not mentioned here, please Contact Us via the app settings.