Share Google Calendar
Calendar Sharing is useful if you want other people, for example a relative or colleague, to be able to access your calendar.
There are two types of sharing in general:
- Read-only (including Free / Busy only) person you’re sharing your calendar with is not able to make adjustments
- Full access person you’re sharing your calendar with is able to make adjustments
Below you’ll find the procedure to setup a read-only calendar.
- Go to www.google.com/calendar and login
- Click the "Down" arrow that appears to the right of the Calendar Name to open a menu of options.
- Select 'Calendar Settings' on the menu to open the Calendar Details screen for the calendar.
(The 'Share this Calendar' is only suitable for online usage)
- In the Calendar Address Section you can Change Sharing Settings according to your preferences.
Make Changes AND Manage Sharing
Make Changes To Events
See All Event Details
See Only Free / Busy (Hide Details)
- Scroll down to the 'Private Address' section and click the green 'iCal' button
- Copy the URL link of the Private Address box which just popped up and mail it to the person you want to share your calendar with
- On an iOS device you can either click on the URL (and press Subscribe & Done) or
Go to Settings > Calendar (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars in iOS9 and below)
In the Accounts section press Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar and paste URL from previous step