Convert Local to Google Calendar
There are more ways to accomplish this, this way you always will have a backup.
It’s only a three minutes job and doesn’t require tech skills.
To complete the process you will need your iOS device and a PC or Mac.
Obviously you’ll need a Google account which synchronizes with your iOS device. If you don’t have a Google account signup here:
If you haven’t already sync’d your Google account (Calendar/Mail) to your iPhone, please refer to https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3008051 or
if you don’t want to install the Gmail app, http://www.fullcontact.com/blog/how-to-sync-iphone-google-contacts/.
Step 1 (iOS Device)
- Go to device Settings
- Go to Calendar (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars in iOS9 and below)
- Scroll down to Default Calendar and pick the Google account of your choosing.
This ensures all future events added through Siri or other calendar apps that sync with your phone will automatically be added to your Google account.
Step 2 (iOS Device)
In app Settings (gear button) > Calendars select only the local calendar you want to convert
If you've more than one convert them one by one unless you want them to be merged into a single calendar.
- Press Settings > Share & Print
- Select Export
- Select Date Range to Export Convert Local to Google Calendar
- Select Type and mark ICS File
- Press Export
- Select Send by E-mail and mail file to an e-mail account available on your PC or Mac
Step 3 (Mac or PC)
- Open up your main Gmail account and jump to Google Calendar.
Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner and scroll down to Settings
- In Settings, open the Calendars tab and click on Import calendar.
Choose the .ICS file that you e-mailed to yourself and choose the Calendar that you want to add it to.
All the events should now be imported to your Google Calendar and will now appear on any Gmail synced calendar app!
Final Step (iOS Device)
After you verified all events are synchronized correctly you now may want to delete your local calendar.
See Add & Delete Local Calendar for instructions.