Convert iCloud to Google Calendar
Apple doesn’t allow two-way synchronization of iCloud calendars with non-iOS mobile devices.
Fortunately there’s an alternative by migrating the native iOS calendar to a Google calendar.
It’s only a three minutes job and doesn’t require tech skills.
To complete the process you will need your iOS device and a PC or Mac.
Obviously you’ll need a Google account which synchronizes with your iOS device. If you don’t have a Google account signup here:
If you haven’t already sync’d your Google account (Calendar/Mail) to your iPhone, please refer to https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3008051 or
if you don’t want to install the Gmail app, http://www.fullcontact.com/blog/how-to-sync-iphone-google-contacts/.
Step 1 (iOS Device)
Change your default calendar to your Google account:
- Go to device Settings
- Go to Calendar (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars in iOS9 and below)
- Scroll to Default Calendar and pick the Google account of your choosing.
This ensures all future events added through Siri or other calendar apps that sync with your phone will automatically be added to your Google account.
Step 2 (iOS Device)
Sync your iPhone calendar to your iCloud calendar.
In the same screen as above, tap on ”iCloud” under “Accounts“.
Make sure the Button is set to “ON”
Step 3 (Mac or PC)
Option A (Using a Mac and a USB cable)
- Connect your device and sync your calendar data.
- Then, open up the Calendar application on your Mac, and click on
File > Export to download the .ICS file that contains your calendar data.
- Now, jump to step 8 of Option B
Option B (All other)
- Log in to your iCloud account at https://www.icloud.com/.
Sign in with your Apple ID (the same email and password from your iPhone/iTunes).
- Click on the “Calendar” icon
- You’ll see your default iPhone calendars listed on the left hand side.
Find the main iPhone calendar your events are on.
- Click on the broadcast button just to the right of the calendar name and select the “Public” option. You’ll see a URL appear below.
- Copy the URL to your browser, but DO NOT HIT ENTER.
Change the “webcal//” at the front to “http//” and NOW HIT ENTER.
This lets you download your calendar data in ICS form instead of viewing it.
- You’ll be prompted to download the .ICS file or it will automatically download to your specified download folder.
Once the download is complete. Go back to iCloud and uncheck the “Public” sharing setting for your privacy.
- Open up your main Gmail account and jump to Google Calendar.
Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner and scroll down to Settings
- In Settings, open the Calendars tab and click on Import calendar.
Choose the .ICS file that you downloaded from iCloud and choose the Calendar that you want to add it to.
All the events should now be imported to your Google Calendar and will now appear on any Gmail synced calendar app!